Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Name Origin, Sacred Center

My name is combination of two names, Maria and Celia. The name Maria comes from Hebrew roots, and I found that it means 'bitter.' The name Celia comes from Latin roots and its meaning is  heaven. Maricela also has the variant meaning of Marcella of Mars, a mythological Roman God of feritility. According to my parents, they decided to name me Maricela because they just liked the name. I have an aunt that is named Maricela, maybe that inspired them to name me Maricela.

My sacred center is not one that is physical, but mentally. I enjoy art, and creating it. The peace and calm I get when letting my mind go free and playing with the colors at hand, makes my center unique to only me. Knowing that the painting does not have to be perfect is an amazing feeling, for it doesn't have to follow rules and regulations. The sun does not always have to be yellow, orange, red; the clouds do not always have to be white, or gray. Having that freedom to decide how the picture should look is my sacred center. 

No comments:

Post a Comment